I have been training with Jimmy for the past year now. I can honestly say that he is the best coach/trainer I have been with. He is so dedicated and knowledgeable about the game. He knows everyone's weakness and knows exactly what to do to fix it. I am starting my first year of college ball in the fall and I am happy to say that I am more than ready to step on that field and be a competitive player. All thanks to Jimmy, for not only teaching me but for pushing me when I didn't think I had anything left.
Futsal is an exciting sport in its own right, televised and played professionally in a number of countries around the world. Why make Futsal such an important part of NC Spurs curriculum? Simple, many of the best male and female players in the world grew up playing Futsal in the early part of their development.
“Futsal will always be my first love” Ronaldo
“When I came to play normal football at 12 years old, it’s easy because I played Futsal” Ronaldhino
“I played futsal for 3 or 4 years before joining Santos. Futsal was important in helping me to develop my ball control, quick thinking and passing... also for my dribbling, balance and concentration... Futsal was very, very important, no doubt” Pele
Let's now have a look at some of the qualities that playing Futsal can develop in a young player:
1. Ball Retention – Possession is key in Futsal. Players need to be able to keep the ball using good technique and movement.
2. Quick Play – The small playing area forces quick play. This again requires good technique and movement.
3. Passing – Futsal develops quick, accurate passing – no margin for error.
4. Skillful Play – Futsal encourages skillful play, either to retain possession or to create a shooting opportunity.
5. Confined Spaces – Everything happens much quicker and there is less margin for error.
6. Tactical Awareness – Futsal is a "whole-team" game. Each player needs to be aware of their own responsibilities.
7. Skill Acquisition – The increased number of touches on the ball accelerates the learning process.
8. Movements – With and without the ball increase significantly in Futsal.